Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 2 Imlay City

We are staying in a town, I've driven by but never see on the highway.  The ride was 78 miles through downtown Flint.  We hit rain for about 15 miles but I stayed dry in my raincoat that was gifted to me by West MI Bike Store owner.  As for the pants and shoes, not so much.  We rode through Flint UofM campus and past Kettering University.
My right leg was a little sore today, but we held on with some ibuprofen.  We are staying at Imlay City high school with a nice breeze.  We have cleaned the clothes and hang them on the fence to dry. We then scrubbed the bike and took showers.  Now we wait for dinner.
The Vlaardingerbroeks from our church are volunteering too.  They are amazing, working hard to serve so many.  Pretty amazing.
Tomorrow we head into Canada.  I'm bracing myself for all of the festivities in Sombra.  The Canadians really celebrate this tour and the cause.
Small groups are better this year.  I was touched by the discussion about how the group has been convicted by the face of poverty and how to make a difference.

1 comment:

Roger Groenboom said...

Praying for you all. Stay strong!! Stay dry!! Stay safe!! Stay cool!! Stay connected with God!! Blessings, Pastor Rog