Friday, August 9, 2013

London to Breslau


We've arrived!  Today was a beautiful ride.  More country - less trucks.  Nice rolling hills.  We are staying at Woodland Christian Schools.  I had my first warm shower of the week.  Very luxurious.  We got a photo of Jasper who is riding 15 miles each day on a unicycle with a 36" wheel.  It is quite a sight to see.  He also rides his regular bike as well.  He shared that poverty is kind of like only having one wheel on a bike and that is why he chose to do this.  I thought it was pretty cool.  We also overwhelmed a diner later in the day as well.

2 comments:

anne braudt said...

The ride sounds beautiful. I am remembering my 159mile weekend ride for MS on a tandem...it made me want to cry. Instead of butt dialing you I'll butt pray instead! Pedal on my friends!

Hearts Changing Hearts Healing said...

Thanks for the great unicycle shot. Part of the unicycle analogy is that many who live in poverty are working 2 or 3 times as hard and not really getting ahead even when we give them help.